Oh, how quickly things can change.
So you all know that the last couple of weeks have been pretty crappy. Starting with my sister-in-law giving me attitude on the phone a few weeks ago and continuing right on through to finding out my son needs surgery. There were many other things along the way as well. Like my parents bringing up baptism again. Like the migraines I’ve gotten every time it gears up to snow, which, right now, is every other minute. Like my husband’s insanely self-absorbed client wanting to meet on a fucking Sunday and then inviting herself to take a tour of our house even though it was made perfectly clear she was NOT INVITED TO. Like the winter blahs and the baby blues and the I need a gd vacations.
Today is lucky it’s Friday. Had it been a Tuesday or Wednesday, it’d have been tossed out right onto its middle-of-the-week ass. I had a decent morning. And lunch was promising (I went out to do some errands and the sun was shining. Granted, it was only 33 degrees, but the sun was out so it didn’t seem so cold). But the afternoon? That’s when things started going downhill again. I come back to a reprimand in the form of a note telling me how a written comment I made to a proofreader on a job that was routing sounded rude. And then the note proceeded to tell me exactly what and how to answer the question, which, in my opinion was snottily worded to begin with and just plain stupid in the first place. A proofreader asked why my headline was a question. No, I'm not making that up. She asked me why my headline was a question. Except, she wrote in big red letters, "WHY IS THIS A QUESTION???" Ummm, because I want it to be a question. Is it spelled wrong or something? Because last time I checked I WAS THE WRITER. That means I write the shit. You just make sure it's spelled right. Oh, and P.S., if I want my headline to be a question, my headline will be a fucking question.
Keep it 2008. Keep it up.


4 Comments:
Cock.
How come you stopped saying fuck?
Also, as a minister of The Universal Life Church, I here by baptize Little D.
?
Oh wait...I just baptized without permission, like the Mormons did for the Jews.
Shhhhhhwwwipt!
Undone
Sorry bout that.
capn--i said fucking twice!
We hadn't even so much as exchanged hello's before 2008 started feeling me up!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home