Two peas in a pod.
All winter long, Mr. D and I fight about what temperature the thermostat is set at. He likes it set at Freezing My Ass Off while I prefer Able To Walk Around My Own Home Without A Coat On. I'll turn the heat up and he'll turn it back down. When I go turn it up again he gripes But I'm hot! To which I reply WELL I'M COLD. TOUCH IT AND DIE. My warnings of peril do nothing, however. He just waits until I leave the room and goes and turns it back down.
All winter long like this.
Well, it seems little d is his father's son, indeed, because on several occasions I've had to fight with him about what setting the heater is on the entire ride home from daycare. And I know it's the heat that's making him wail because the minute I turn it down and crack the window, he shuts up. My car's heat settings go from 0 to 4. The current setting for a peaceful ride home is 1, but only if the window is cracked. Otherwise, it's ZERO.
Baby 1, Mamma 0.


6 Comments:
I dunno, I think kids run hotter.
I gave my nephew a bath (age 3.5) and he was complaining that the lukewarm water was too hot, and he wanted it colder. What he thought was good was fucking freezing!
Then the little bastard started splashing me, so it was time to get out.
You made the right choice. After all, he'll be selecting your retirement home someday.
hm. maybe not the temperature but the way the car is vacuum sealed with windows shut could be affecting his ears, like on a plane. try just cracking window...
yes, and kids are little sweat monkeys
capn--little d gets a maximum of two soakers before it's game over for him.
ea--good point, my friend.
sandra--little d is sweat hog for shizzle. he hates wearing hats and mittens. and if he had his druthers, he'd go coatless as well. or just a sweatshirt jacket like his father.
hehe if you're cold and Mr D is hot why don't you just hug each other? Ok I'm done with my silliness
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home