Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Random.

Okay, let's see. What's happened since the last time I was on the old blogger? Not much, really. Little d is still sick. Coughing. Runny nose. The ususal. He's still smiling, laughing and no fever, though,so we've postponed his recheck. Actually, my husband cancelled it (twice) and hasn't rescheduled it. It was his turn to bring little d in and I guess he couldn't do it for some reason. Twice in a row. And now it's a battle of the wills to see who will break down and reschedule the appointment. Hey, I did it last time. It's his turn. He can't get out of it using the flimsy excuse "I'm too busy." That's bullshit. I guess I'll just have to "remind" him every day until he can't stand it any more and fricking calls already. Not the only one in the world who's trying to juggle working with having a kid, buddy, so let's man up there, nnnK?

And, you, the one who's all like, "OMG. She is totally a rotten mother for not taking her son to the pediatrician when he's sick." Yeah, you can just bite me. He's been sick since one month old. He's got a cold. Like apparently every other kid on earth. He's breathing fine and he doesn't have a fever and honestly? I'm tired of taking him and paying money only for them to freak the shit out of me with their medical jargon which basically translates to: he's got a cold.

Speaking of being sick, for the first time in ages, I've got a cold as well. I presume my son gave it to me since I've been exposed to his snot, drool, pee and poop for the last five months. It could also be because I can't keep my lips off that chubba bubba. I'm constantly cuddling and kissing him. Now I see why a lot of men grow up to have committment issues. Because they've been smothered (literally) since birth. Oh well. I say GET OVER IT. We can't help it. Babies are crack to women.

Speaking of crack, I'm starting to fall into the nasty habit of drinking some form of caffeine every day. Not happy about that, but I've been so damn tired lately. Okay, lately means for the last five months... no, longer if you count all the sleepless nights while I was prego. I know it's a vicious cycle and I'm probably tired BECAUSE I'm drinking the caffeine, but I CAN'T STOP. A Coke here. A Red Bull there. It sneaks up on you. You're flitting about all fine and dandy with your Red Bull wings and then you start coming down. Even more tired than before. So you pay another two bucks for your liquid sunshine. Then you practically break your finger trying to get it open fast enough when you suddenly realize you're hooked. But, no, you're not hooked. You can stop any time you want. It's not a habit. You just need a little pick-me-up. I CAN STOP ANY TIME I WANT.

Soooo, what else. Oh, I don't know if you remember, but remember when that guy redid our bathroom and it looked all fabulous and stuff except he didn't seal the floor tile and caulk the bathtub properly? Well, after failing repeated attempts to get this guy back over to finish the job, we finally called someone else to come in and fix it. With over a year of being unsealed, the grout got pretty dirty and discolored. Now it looks like it was supposed to look. And the caulk around the tub is now done properly--all smooth and barely visable--not like a three year old did it.

Today we've got drywall people coming in to fix the gigantic whole in our wall downstairs that has been driving me nuts since the day we moved in. It looks like someone tried to make a doorway without knowing a single thing about home improvement. Just picked up the sledgehammer one day and made themselves a door. Asshats. I can barely believe I agreed to buy the house with such an obvious flaw. I must have thought we'd fix it up right away or something. Yeah, well, better late than never, I guess.

Okay. I'm done. NMF will be sashaying in any minute and I have to get busy surfing the net.

Peace out.

4 Comments:

At 10:07 AM , Blogger platts42 said...

Burn the place dow...oh, sorry.

Re Caffeine: switch to coffee, it believe it or not, it won't eat away your stomach like Coke or Red Bull. Come one, join the party.

So I guess you the taxi isn't picking up another fare?

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger Kerri Keberly said...

coffee. gross. i only like it with a pound of sugar and a gallon of cream. i'd like to keep my teeth, thanks. i hear they're useful for things like eating and stuff. besides, i may come to work looking like a total loser, but i'll be damned if i'm going to have coffee breath, too.

oh, yeah. no passengers at this point. maybe ever. i was thinking about the swollen feet, sleepless nights and going through labor again the other day and damn near had a panic attack.

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

I am ADDICTED to swiss miss hot cocoa that has added calcium and a coffee cup's worth of caffiene. It doesn't make me jittery just feel like i have energy.... plus hey chocolate! Less cals than a coke... more tasty than tea.

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger Locomonk said...

uhm... I'm with you on the teeth thing, I love coffee and coke, but my teeth are in fact... less white (and I need breath mints after my coffee fix)
I guess I would go with the IV coffee

glad to have you back :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home