Friday, October 20, 2006

Taking time off is hard work.

First of all, I've been off all week and it's fucking GREAT. I don't want to go back to work. Especially after being told in my review that I need to "take more ownership" of my projects. Taking ownership seems to be a reoccuring theme with me. Everyone always wants me to take ownership. Well, what if I don't want to take ownership?

Now I've got to go back to work and pretend I'm taking ownership. What a pain in the ass. Especially when all I really want to take is some office supplies. Oh, did I mention that my review score was 6.66? On Friday the thirteenth. That's some pretty funny shit. Apparently, I really am evil.

Actually, this is pretty evil as well. Anyone who believes they can have their bathroom gutted and redone in a week is delusional. Call me crazy because I'm not sure what I was thinking when I thought it was possible. We have professionals doing this shit and it still isn't done. We've been driving a half an hour every night to use Mr. D's parent's shower and shitter. Factor in pets, open doors to which said pets get dangerously close to escaping out of, weak bladders, spastic colon syndrome and no toilet since Tuesday morning and you get a logistical nightmare. Scratch that, it's just a plain old nightmare.

Umm. Let's see. What other fun things do we have going on here? Oh, the furniture we bought a month ago can't seem to make its way to our house. After two rescheduled pick up dates, a wasted trip the warehouse, multiple excuses from the sales guys, and one irrate husband, we've managed to get the sofa sleeper. We're still missing two recliners. Apparently, they are backordered. And, apparently, they didn't find it necessary to tell us that. Fuckers.

Oh, and Sunday was our one year anniversary.

3 Comments:

At 8:26 PM , Blogger Becky said...

Wow, one year already! You're only two months behind me and Chris. Awwwwww... how the mother fucking time flies by!

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger platts42 said...

Urrrr uh...Happy Belated Anniversary.

For your gift I give...uh...PIXELS! Yeah...Those.

How can a disgruntled misanthrope be so romantic as to marry in the fall and smooch on a death defying ledge (Don't Jump!)

I'm confused who is this *kiki*monkey* is she somehow related to St. Disgruntled? Maybe she keeps the place organized.

Happy Anniversary!

Ownership in Advertising...Does such a thing exist? Claiming "ownership" is asking to be punched in the belly repeatedly when your work gets yanked away from you (repeatedly).

Only the Owner of the Company gets "ownership" and the first thing he does when somthing happens is place the fucking blame.

Happy Anniversary!

Shame about what the mice did to the bathroom. You should have that looked at.

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger Kerri Keberly said...

Thanks for the anniversary wishes everyone :)

cap'n--you crack me up. kikimoney is st. d's brighter side. she IS pretty organized, but she does NOT do windows.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home