Thursday, October 12, 2006

Get your puff on.

Ok. Here's the recipe to the cream puff pie if anyone wants it. This is from memory, but, since I've made it enough times, I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything. I wanted to post it last night, but I forgot. The terrible truth is, if I don't post it now, I probably never will. And I can't let a friend in need of something to preoccupy her while her amore is away, now can I? I'll double check this is right when I get home. But I'm pretty sure my photographic memory hasn't failed me :)


Cream Puff Pie

2 packages instant vanilla pudding
2 packages cream cheese
2 tubs of Cool Whip
Hershey’s chocolate syrup
1 cup of water
½ cup of butter
1 cup of flour
¼ tsp of salt
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 400°
Make pudding according to package directions
Combine pudding with softened cream cheese*
Set aside

Bring water, butter and salt to a boil
Add flour and mix until a ball forms**
Remove from heat and let cool slightly***
Add eggs one at a time, making sure each egg is completely mixed into the cream puff dough before adding another****
Spread dough on to a rectangular greased cake pan
Bake until golden brown (usually about 30 minutes) and puffy
Let cool
Pour pudding mixture on top of cream puff
Spread Cool Whip on top of pudding mixture
Drizzle top with Hershey’s chocolate syrup
Chill for a couple of hours
Enjoy!


*I recommend using a stand mixer. I also recommend mixing the cream cheese to a creamy consistency first and then slowly adding the pudding. If you just dump them both into the mixer and then turn it on, it increases the chances of lumps, which are damn hard to get rid of.

**This part happens relatively quickly. The flour will want to form clumps so make sure to stir vigorously.

***This part is important because if you add the eggs while the dough mixture is too hot, they will start to cook and the cream puff will taste too eggy.

****The dough will separate a little because of the egg—don’t fret—keep mixing and it will all work out fine

1 Comments:

At 8:32 AM , Blogger Becky said...

Oh god, my mouth is so watering right now!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home