Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Last chance.

Little d has another appointment with the pediatrician today. Same group, same bitchy nurse, different doctor. I made my husband call this time because my nerves are shot. I can't handle that horrible nurse making me feel like I'm an idiot for calling one more time. And apparently it's not just me overreacting because she did the same thing to my husband.

"Is he VOMITING?" No, but he CAN'T FUCKING BREATHE. Plus he's got diarrhea now--15 times in 24hrs--so just shut up and pencil us in, okay you old hag?

The poor kid has been shitting so much his butt is raw. I can't put on diaper cream without screaming. He's crabby, I'm crabby and HE'S BEEN CONGESTED FOR 2 1/2 WEEKS. I'm done. And so is this office if they don't get it together like now. Because you know what, people? I'm a first time mother. I don't know how this works. I'm trying like hell not to call every five seconds and bring him in every two, but you're not working with me here. If it's nothing to worry about, then tell me that. When I ask what I should do about daycare or if it's okay to take him around my 1 month old niece for Thanksgiving, don't say, "Oh, he should be fine for Thanksgiving and he can go back to daycare whenever you think he's better." Whenever I think he's better? I'm his mother for fuck's sake. He'll probably ALWAYS seem sick to me. You're the GD doctor. YOU tell me when he can go back, you stupid hooker. Don't just say he's got croup, throw an information sheet at me and say "good luck." I'm serious. She said that. Want to flip a new mom out? Just tell her her child has some weird sounding virus then say good luck as you leave the room.

And for your information it doesn't look like he's going to be better by Thanksgiving. But, you know, thanks for answering my question so directly. I'm sure my sister will appreciate a congested one month old.

**THE FOLLOWING RANT IS ABOUT FEMALE TROUBLES. IF YOU'RE A GUY AND PERIODS GROSS YOU OUT, STOP READING RIGHT NOW**







So on top of all this, I started my period. But it's not so much a period as a raging red sea. It's my first period after delivery, so I kind of expected it to be heavy, but Holy Christ, I seriously thought I was going to have to call my doctor. We're talking about some serious iron depletion here, ladies. I went through an entire pack of winged heavy-flow sanitary napkins in one day. I had to go out and buy two more packs just to be sure I'd have enough to get through the night. Thank God it started to slow down today. Maybe I was on the pill so long I didn't remember that periods could be like that or something, but it was really freaking me the eff out.

4 Comments:

At 10:45 PM , Blogger N said...

Little d is having a rough month!! You and Mr D too. We had S on probiotics for a while. When gastroenteritis was racing through her daycare class, she was the only one who didn't get it. Probiotics are supposed to help with stomach bugs... I don't know if the fact that she was taking them was responsible for her not getting sick (the doctors said it would help), but it might help little d with his diarrhea.

S started her congestion a week and a half ago and is still congested. Another one of the babies in her daycare class has been congested for at least a month, and all 8 of them seem to have had runny noses for at least 2 weeks. Maybe around this time of year congestion is just unavoidable?

Another possibility is that teething has begun. I've heard teething can lead to congestion/runny noses, and S and all her runny nosed daycare buddies are certainly in the teething range (3-9 mos). Perhaps little d is just preparing for all those teeth he's going to start sprouting in a few months.

 
At 11:50 AM , Blogger platts42 said...

You so know I'm gonna read past your disclaimer. Talking about it is one thing, seeing is another.

Call Moses.

As for little D, maybe you should go to a health stop storefront place and see what they can do.

Sorry to hear about all the hassles. Remember, I'm a big fan of fire. You should burn the place down. then follow the nurse back to her place and burn her down too.

Maybe you can somehow inflict NMF on her. That would be torturous.

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger Kerri Keberly said...

I know, right?

I remember you saying s was on probiotics. I had never heard of it (them?) before. Was it a preventative measure that your ped suggested?

I'm thinking the congestion is due to a cold because I'm getting it now. I've been loading up on Zicam to try and prevent having to call in sick my first day back to work (this Monday. OMG.).

Capn--Moses. Ha ha. Can you believe in two days I'll have to deal with NMF again? I don't know if I'm ready.

 
At 2:44 PM , Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

Ah, so maybe you HAVE had the raging diaper rash thing. I swear, a few years from now that kid could walk into the room juggling chainsaws and you're going to be like "eh, whatever." You love them so so dearly, but you eventually learn to roll with the punches. Sometimes the truest testament to being a good parent is NOT strangling the child or bolting for horizons unexplored.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home