Thursday, January 29, 2009

I think I got... Wait... Yup. I got it.

Why is it that baby books, ones on sleep training and potty training in particular, repeat things over and over and over again? Almost as if you are the baby or toddler and you need the repetition in order to learn.

Here’s a news flash: I got it. I read it… and I got it. You don’t need to repeat the same thing fifty times in one chapter.

5 Comments:

At 2:41 PM , Blogger platts42 said...

I hear new mothers are stupid. Is/was this true?

 
At 11:46 PM , Blogger N said...

Ha ha - we noticed that too. Which ones are you reading?

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger Kerri Keberly said...

capn--of course i'm stupid, stoopid.

n--early-start potty training by linda sonna is the main culprit, but i noticed it in the happiest toddler on the block, too.

 
At 11:54 AM , Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

Simple: social programming. This way there will be less resistance when the Man comes to ensure you're propperly potty trained.

 
At 2:12 AM , Blogger JD said...

the most 'saint' disgruntled post always amuse and keep me going...just another day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home