Friday, August 17, 2007

Just try and stop me.

Just one more week. One more fucking week until I go on maternity leave. Bitches in HR were trying to tell me that I had to work up until I go into labor. I said hell to the no. Labor or not, I ain't setting foot in this place for twelve mother fucking weeks after next Friday.

7 Comments:

At 2:45 PM , Blogger platts42 said...

Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug, Mucus Plug

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger platts42 said...

Oh yeah, I also fully expect you to post from the hospital while the little Angel is actually bursting forth from your loins.

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger Kerri Keberly said...

i'll do one better... and post placenta pics.

 
At 8:00 AM , Blogger Sandra said...

yummy, placenta!

 
At 10:57 AM , Blogger Locomonk said...

oh god... I feel dizzy :D

 
At 9:46 AM , Blogger * said...

tasty...placenta...

I worked until the day I went into labor, but only because I knew that I got 6 weeks of paid leave that began when I was admitted to the hospital (or birth center, in my case) and I didn't want to use up vacation time. If it wasn't for that, I would have been off right away.

One lady I know was restless because she was two weeks overdue and the kid still had to be induced. My son showed up two days before a scheduled induction (only scheduled b/c of the diabetes, and they actually gave me a week longer than they normally do since my blood sugars were so good).

Oh wait. He STARTED to push his way out 2 days before the induction. He didn't actually arrive until they had to extract him 31+ hrs later...

Take advantage of the time to rest up asap since it's hard to get a good night sleep now if you can(what with the peeing every 5 minutes and back pain and hip pain, and so on and so forth...).

 
At 12:48 PM , Blogger Kerri Keberly said...

technically, i think my paid time off starts when i'm admitted into the hospital as well. either that or they recieve a note from my doctor saying i'm disabled, which is what i plan on asking for at my next appointment.

i think is totally ridiculous that anyone (meaning insurance companies, employers, doctors, etc.) would expect a pregnant woman to work right up until she goes into labor. it's not right and i'm not doing it. if i can't get a note from my doctor, then i'll just call in sick until I have no more sick days left.

i'm also not thrilled about having to keep track of exactly what happens and exactly when who recieve what paperwork so i can make sure i get the full amount of days i'm due to get paid, but i suppose i'll have to. bastards.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home